By Belayneh Abate
As they did during the October genocide of Amaras, the Ethiopian rulers have cooked numbers to mask the June genocides of Amaras. Buying these fake numbers, brutal intellectuals and journalists are denying the Amara Holocaust.
The Amara Holocaust is not the first to be denied by intellectuals and Journalists. Many intellectuals in Europe and elsewhere denied the Jewish Holocaust. In fact, 50% of the German physicians were members of the Nazi party and participated in the genocide. Famous scientists such as professors, Mengle, Wagner and Arthur were denying holocaust, but they were found guilty and lost their titles later in their lives. [1-2]
As many intellectuals promoted and denied the Jewish holocaust, we are witnessing Ethiopian intellectuals denying the Amara genocide in pubic and silence. As we know, the Amara genocide perpetuators are hosted by the Ethiopian People’s Democratic Front (EPRDF), a criminal organization that has been massacring, torturing and displacing Amaras for more than three decades. Unfortunately, some intellectual are acting as if they do not know the unholy EPRDF leaders “baptized” the genocide commanders and their mencha-soldiers.
It is historical fact and general knowledge that EPRDF was established to implement a jungle manifesto that falsely labelled Amaras as oppressors. Since this jungle manifesto included “nations and nationalist” in its preamble and became the stupidest constitution on Earth, EPRDF has killed more Amaras than the Hutus killed Tutsis during the Rwanda genocide. [3-21]
In Rwanda, ethnic Hutus killed not only their neighbor Tutsis but also their Tutsi wives. They massacred Tutsis going door-to-door and identifying them by their ID cards We have watched similar Amara massacres in Shashemene, Ziway, Adam Tulu, Harari, Bale, and Arusi regions of Ethiopia within the past two weeks. Despite these despicable genocidal crimes, many brutal intellectuals are trying to cover up the Amara genocide with the fake death statistics the rulers released.
Instead of calling these despicable crimes Amara genocides, they are calling them ethnic conflicts although the barbaric killers were chanting the usual “Nefitegna ( the genocide code for Amara) get out” propaganda.
Based on Genocide watch classification , the ten stages of genocide committed on Amaras are:
- Classification: Amaras are classified as oppressors
- Symbolization: Amaras are given the code nefitegna as a symbol to identify and kill
- Discrimination: Amaras are denied from having jobs and opening business. They are denied and work and learn with their languishes in different part of the country
- Dehumanization: The genocides are labeling them as aliens and settlers
- Organizations: Lots of extremist groups are organized and trained to kill, attack and displace Amaras throughout the country.
- Polarization: Extremist figures have instructed ethnic groups to stop intermarriage with Amaras.
- Preparation: Many extremist groups have trained their soldiers and preaching their follows to clean their regions from “settlers”- another code for Amaras.
- Persecutions: Amaras have been identified and separated out because of their racial or religious identity. The Amaras’ basic human rights are systematically violated through extrajudicial killings, torture and forced displacement.
- Extermination: Amaras have been identified and exterminated in different regions of Ethiopia for 42 years, and most recently in Central, Eastern, Southern and Western part of the country
- Denial: The perpetrators of Amara genocide dig up the mass graves, drag and burn the bodies, try to cover up the evidence and intimidate the witnesses. They deny that they committed any crimes, and often blame what happened on the Amaras. They give the dead bodies of Amaras other ethnic names to reduce the number of Amaras massacred during the genocide. The government blocks independent investigations of the genocide.
Despite the unfortunate fulfillment of the ten sages of genocides, the brutal intellectuals are denying the Amara holocaust in pubic or silence.
The Amaras should keep records of the brutal intellectuals, who are denying the Amara holocaust. The Amaras shall understand that this denial of the ongoing genocide is predisposing them to a further and advanced genocide.
The Amaras should realize that these Amara holocaust deniers are thwarting them from identifying the ongoing physical, economic, cultural, spiritual, educational and reproductive genocide. The Amaras should understand that the brutal intellectuals are preventing them from standing united to defend themselves.
Furthermore, the Amaras should understand that the cruelest intellectuals are the Amara holocaust deniers of Amara origin because they are contributing for the demise of their own progenies.
The Amaras should completely stop listening to the Amara holocaust deniers and stand united to resist the ongoing multifactorial genocides. The Amaras should resist the Amara holocaust deniers hand-in-hand with fighting the ongoing genocide declared upon them. Stop Amara Genocide! Thank you.
- German Medical Association Finally Apologizes For Atrocities Committed by German Physicians Under the Nazis. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6179814/
- Josef Mengle https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/josef-mengele
- Rwanda genocide: 100 days of slaughter,https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-26875506
- Amara Genocide in Bedeno Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcZJIfUkx9M
- Amara Masscre in Arba gugu video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3v9jcDAmDI
- Amaras displaced from everywhere ESAT Radio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMw4dzDFRvU
- International Crisis Group: Diffusion Ethiopia’s latest Perilous crisis, https://www.crisisgroup.org/africa/horn-africa/ethiopia/defusing-ethiopias-latest-perilous-crisis
- ሰበር ዜና፡ በአርሲ ነገኤ የተፈጸመው እጅግ አሳስዛኝ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DXRSpxariQ
- ሰብአዊ መብት ጉባኤ ሪፖርት 2008 ዓ.ም. http://ehrco.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/HRCO-141st-Special-Report-Amharic-Sene-01-2008.pdf (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- Protest Crack Down killed hundreds, Ethiopia, Human Rights Watch https://www.hrw.org/news/2016/06/15/ethiopia-protest-crackdown-killed-hundreds (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- Extrajudicial executions, Arbitray arests and detntions Amnesty International (Last accessed in April, 2020) https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/africa/ethiopia/report-ethiopia/ (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- Ethiopia, Police Open fire on Protesters https://freedomhouse.org/article/ethiopia-police-open-fire-protesters (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- Genocide watch documents on Ethiopia http://www.genocidewatch.org/ethiopia.html (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- Three million Amhars Missing, Berhanu Abegaz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-g-YWYBdbM (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- Three Million Amara are Missing: An Analysis based on the 1994 and the 2007 Ethiopian Population Censuses , Berhanu Abegaz , http://ethiomedia.com/101facts/4513 9 (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- Human right violation of Amharas Muluken Tesfaw http://video.ethsat.com/?p=24983 (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- Amara Genocide in Bedeno Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcZJIfUkx9M (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- Amara Masscre in Arba gugu video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3v9jcDAmDI (Last accessed in April, 2020)
- The impact of Cervical Cancer Prevention Vaccine in Amara Region.: Ambar https://www.ambapu.org/sites/default/files/2019-03/አምባ%20HPV%20Vaccine%20in%20Ethiopia_1.pdf (Last accessed in April 2020)
- Remembering the Anuak Massacre: Begin by Lighting Your Candle and then Your Neighbor’s Until Our Candles Bring Light Over Our Nation http://www.anuakjustice.org/
- Torture in Ogaden Jail: we are like dead” the Guardian https://www.hrw.org/report/2018/07/04/we-are-dead/torture-and-other-human-rights-abuses-jail-ogaden-somali-regional ( last accessed in May, 2020)
- Genocide Watch, the ten stages of genocide: https://www.genocidewatch.com/ten-stages-of-genocide
- Call It by Its Real Name: It Is Amara Genocide! https://www.zehabesha.com/call-it-by-its-real-name-it-is-amara-genocide/
- Inadvertently, the Amara intellectuals are promoting Amara genocide: https://www.satenaw.com/inadvertently-the-intellectual-prostitutes-are-promoting-amara-genocides/
- Urgent message for Amar Intellectuals
- The Amara Elites Are Responsible for the Demise of Amara and Their Heritage: https://www.zehabesha.com/the-amare-elites-are-responsible-for-suffering-of-amara-and-the-demise-of-their-heritage/
The writer can be reached at email@example.com
July 12, 2020.